Saturday, February 26, 2011

How married life with Bryan began...


My married life with Bryan began Nov. 29, 2010. I came home from work and Bryan was hanging out because it was his day off. I'm not even sure how it all started but one of us said something about getting married in Vegas today and the other remarked, "No you wouldn't really?" One thing led to another and the next thing we knew we were on the road to Vegas. (I must interject that this was not the first time we had talked about getting married, so it was spur of the moment but not 100% out of the blue.)


Once we were on the road to Vegas there was no turning back. We were a little concerned about what the parents might say or do, but we kept heading south. When we got to Las Vegas we found the Little White Wedding Chapel where the getting married in Vegas process was explained to us.


The Clark County Courthouse is open until midnight (lots crazies like us I suppose) for marriage licenses. We went to the courthouse where we purchased our marriage license. Walking out of the courthouse is like walking out of the airport in a foreign country, you are swarmed by people wanting you to go to their "chapel" to get married. I was so bugged! They were like fleas trying to jump on a dogs back, everyone had a lower price than the next guy.
When we got back to the Little White Wedding Chapel they were ready for us. I had a pretty pink flower and we went into the chapel where we were married by a reverend. Both Bryan and I teared up, we were so happy. After the wedding we jumped back in the car and headed north, I had work and school the next day.




3 comments:

  1. This is so cute Missy! Way to celebrate your new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course nothing is mentioned about the dear brother they contacted on the way back who was all supportive!!! Congratulations for the two of you. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete